Visitor’s Guide to the Fire and Ice Festival
Christmas in Bracebridge is the most magical time of the year. Guests travel great distances to vacation at Patterson Kaye Resort. Our picturesque, year-round cottage resort is located near several things to do in Bracebridge during the winter months. Every holiday season, our staff eagerly awaits the Fire and Ice Festival. Some visitors hope to meet Santa this holiday season, while others plan to drink copious amounts of eggnog. However you wish to celebrate this holiday season, we guarantee Fire and Ice in Bracebridge will be an event you’ll never forget!
Fire and Ice Festival Festivities
Scheduled events change each year at the Fire and Ice Festival, so you’ll have to explore the festival’s website often to see the updated list of events. However, some activities quickly became festival favourites and continue to appear time and time again. One of the most anticipated activities at the Fire and Ice Festival is the monstrous tubing hill located right in downtown Bracebridge! Over 50 truckloads of snow are spread on Main Street for visitors to race to the bottom on tubes. Keep in mind, there are over 30 activities to experience at the Bracebridge winter carnival, and we suggest that you browse them all.
- Memorial Park Winter Village: Lace up your ice skates and glide around the rink with your loved ones.
- “Try It Activities”: There are enjoyable, new activities for your family to try every year such as snowshoeing, hockey shoot-out, and crokicurl (a Canadian pastime.)
- Indoor Craft Market: Valentine’s Day is approaching sooner than we realize! Browse the charming, indoor craft market, and perhaps you’ll find a special gift for your loved one.
- Ice Sculpting Show: Every year, professional sculptors carve a festive character or animal out of a block of ice.
- “FIRE”: While there are activities involving ice, there are also activities involving fire! The annual fire show is an unforgettable performance.
- Festival Fireworks: Finish off your Fire and Ice Festival experience by watching the fireworks at Bracebridge Waterfalls
Patterson Kaye Resort
Patterson Kaye Resort’s guests are in the optimal place to experience all of the Fire and Ice Festival’s activities. You’ll only have to travel a short distance to and from the Bracebridge winter festival. After returning to our inn, a charming Muskoka cottage will be calling your name. Whichever lodging amenities you’re hoping to find, our wide range of Muskoka cottages is bound to satisfy your needs. To learn more about other nearby things to do in Bracebridge and the top Bracebridge restaurants, visit our website or talk to our friendly staff at 1-855-645-4169.